Thursday 3 October 2013

My love of baking

So I suppose it's time for us to get a bit more personal. Like many people at the moment (I think it's in fashion) I love to bake. I say 'at the moment' but truthfully, I always loved to bake right from when I used to help my grandmother to create her legendary pies and biscuits as a kid. She was a proper old-school baker though, nothing needed to be weighed, recipes didn't need to be read and re-read - she just knew what needed doing from years of experience, a skill I'm yet to master.

Anyway, now the electrics are well under way, I've been told by Rob we're going to need to choose a kitchen soon - eek! I was thinking I'd be given months to decide and choose the perfect first kitchen. This is a really important room to me, possibly my favourite in the house, but the electrics need to be put in according to our layout.

We have had a quick, fantasy-led, look at some posh kitchens we could never afford but other than that, haven't even started. But what I do know (and I have put a lot of thought into this!) is that I like love wooden worktops. Something like these oak worktops from the Natural Wood Floor co (who I have never used so don't consider this a recommendation!) would be perfect in my opinion. Rob, however, wants more of a dark marble effect. We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment